WordPress Front-End DeveloperCyprus
The Web Division of Action Global Communications are looking to expand their team with a passionate junior-mid-level Developer who has experience in building custom Front-End websites on WordPress, including back-end customisations. This is full-time position at our headquarters in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the web, speaks fluent English, and can demonstrate a strong portfolio of web development on WordPress. The candidate constantly follows digital trends, appreciates excellent design, web animation and can assist in the design, coding, and testing phases. Candidates should be able to offer technical solutions, understand standard systems, develop lifecycle processes and apply our methodology effectively on client engagements.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior developers and designers and assist in the implementation of pixel-perfect front-end as well as in project development and regular brainstorming sessions. Developers are expected to apply their knowledge of industry trends and developments to further improve our services in order to elevate customer satisfaction. They should be part creative, part technical and feel comfortable pushing innovation, learning new technologies, and coming up with ideas on how to provide the best possible user experience.
- Experience with WordPress for creating custom-made themes
- Experience with front-end development on Bootstrap framework
- Experience with back-end development on WordPress
- Experienced with building websites from Adobe XD and Figma designs.
- Build from scratch responsive custom websites with WordPress as a CMS
- Collaborate effectively with the creative team and web designers during the creative process.
- Responsible for various aspects of ongoing support and maintenance engagements.
- Partner with project managers and senior web developers to successfully manage client relationships.
- Ensure that all technology solutions are properly architected and specified.
- Ensure HTML/CSS cross-browser standards are compliant
- Ensure websites are responsive and are readable across multiple platforms, through thorough quality testing.
- Interacting with APIs to create dynamic web applications.
Personality, Skills and Abilities
- Hardworking, honest, enthusiastic and flexible; takes accountability seriously and possesses high integrity and professionalism.
- Respectful to be communicative and highly available under a remote structure within the team
- Confident in consulting with clients on what it takes to be successful on the web.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/clients simultaneously.
- Insanely curious and energetic about the future of the web
- The ability to collect data and define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Good understanding of team strategies and objectives.
- Motivation to learn and constantly improve processes and tools.
- The people skills required to work with designers, developers and product managers.
● BS or Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
● A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in web development services and a strong portfolio to support experience gained.
- Applicants are required to provide samples of their previous work
- Applicants will be requested to do a test showing their front-end and back-end skills