return to fight island with the UFC
UAEExpertise PR Services Industry Sports Related Links www.ufc.com/news/ufc-fight-island-where-ufc-fight-island-fight-island-schedule-and-more
After managing PR and communications successfully for the second event of the UFC Fight Island series, ‘Return to Fight Island’, in September-October 2020, Action was reappointed as the preferred agency of the Department of Culture Tourism – Abu Dhabi (DCT – Abu Dhabi) to manage PR and communications for ‘UFC Fight Island Triple Header’, held on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, from 11 to 26 January 2021. The challenge was to make this campaign even more successful and continue driving messaging around Abu Dhabi as a global destination for world-class events and reinforcing its readiness to reopen safely for tourists.
Working with DCT – Abu Dhabi and key stakeholders, including UFC and international media, Action developed a comprehensive PR campaign that included key messaging for B2B and B2C audiences, that highlighted DCT’s main objectives:
- Highlight Abu Dhabi as a world-class destination for sports events and tourism
- Reinforce Abu Dhabi’s commitment to world-class health and safety standards
- Reinforce Abu Dhabi’s readiness to welcome visitors again after travel restrictions are lifted
- Showcase Etihad Arena as the new international home of UFC
For two weeks, the Action team was on site, inside the safe zone with other members of the team commuting between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- 67 interviews with DCT’s spokespeople and fighters
- Coverage of UFC Fight Island Triple Header in 118 countries
- 21,139 pieces of coverage
- AVE: $5.46 billion
- PR Value: $16.40 billion