positioning and promoting the ultimate Iftar venue
UAEExpertise social media management Industry FMCG Related Links https://www.dwtc.com/en/
The Majlis at Dubai World Trade Centre celebrates the holy month of Ramadan with distinction every year. Featuring an award-winning catering team and the finest traditional Arabian cuisine and hospitality in a lavish Arabesque setting, the Majlis offers a one-of-a-kind dining experience to those looking for Iftar and Suhour options in Dubai throughout the holy month, at the Sheikh Saeed Halls at Dubai World Trade Centre.
Action UAE’s social media and production teams were tasked with streamlining a complete content strategy that included the creation, management, and development of visual assets across Instagram and the newly established TikTok account. The platforms were selected based on the campaign’s visual-first approach. Additionally, Action’s team was responsible for copywriting, publishing content, creating on-ground Instagram stories and Reels, and managing the community by actively monitoring comments and direct messages across owned platforms to maximise engagement with the Majlis and as a result, an increase in leads and conversions.
- Promote the Majlis as an indoor venue of choice during Ramadan
- Increase footfall during Iftar and Suhour, by generating leads and conversion
- Elevate and fully utilise the Majlis’ social media presence on owned platforms including Instagram and TikTok and explore new social media opportunities that supporting the overall business goals
- Create positive social sentiment among current and potential customers
- Create compelling short-form video content to increase organic page reach and social media performance
- Following the gradual lifting of the COVID-19 restrictions, the Majlis aimed to grow engagement and share of voice
- High-quality content development (with lower frequency)
- The need to significantly grow the follower base on owned social media platforms, including Instagram, in order to unlock and boost organic reach.
Action UAE started by rolling out a strategy which aligned with the Dubai World Trade Centre’s core objectives for the Majlis, all aligned with the overall business goals. A small team was assigned to the project to execute the plan and create content. The team included a digital director, social media manager, content creator and community manager.
The assigned Action UAE team was able to ideate, conceptualise, develop, and publish more than 50 pieces of content, including images, videos, and short-form animations, all of which were highly successful across Instagram and TikTok. The content was all produced from planned video and photo shoots, to fully highlight the dining and ambience offerings at the Majlis. Despite the short production window, the team successfully created more than 12 stylised videos which were further used both for organic and paid campaigns across the month.
In addition to the content creation, Action’s team was on the ground at the venue across the month of Ramadan to capture guest sentiments, develop live content and create real time content that resonated well with the target audience, given that community engagement with the venue was a key element to the success of the event.
Following the first few days of the campaign launch, the venue saw a tremendous increase in table bookings. After the release of Action UAE’s first video promoting the venue offerings and authentic food, Iftar bookings showed a notable growth. The community response to the campaign was very positive, with the posts reaching more than 1.9 million people. Overall, the content pieces generated more than 21,900 engagements across the platforms, with the combined follower base recording a 1,018% growth. Video content developed for the Majlis over the month of Ramadan alone generated more than 2.4 million views. Due to this successful content-focused campaign, the booking engine recived a record-breaking 40,750 clicks.
- Over 1.9 million total reach
- 21.9K engagements
- Over 1000% increase in combined follower base on Instagram and TikTok
- 2.4 million video views
- Record-breaking 40,750 bookings