DiDi enters Kazakhstan
Having a solid presence in 16 markets, DiDi, the world’s leading mobility technology platform, wanted to enter the Kazakhstan market, this was to be the 17th market for the brand.
DiDi turned to Action Kazakhstan to support with the launch of the app locally to ensure brand awareness was built from the outset. The brand wanted the local audience to be fully educated about DiDi’s wide range of services across Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Russia, including taxi-hailing, private car-hailing, ridesharing, designated driving, and automobile solutions and many more app-based services.
Action Kazakhstan recommended to kick off launch activities with an open-air press conference. The event attracted leading media and many renowned bloggers (50 guests in total).
Amongst the key speakers were:
- Roman Miroshnichenko, DiDi’s COO
- Ramil Mukhoryapov, the so-called “Steve Jobs” of Kazakhstan, well-known entrepreneur and businessman, founder of major Internet holding “Chocofamily”
- Bayan Konirbayev, Chief Digital Officer (CDO) at Almaty city
During the event, speakers shared DiDi’s plan for further development on the Kazakhstani market, insights on offers that will be available for passengers and advantages that drivers can get if they register on DiDi.
Guests received DiDi`s branded summer merchandise that included bottles, hats, and eco-shoppers.
- 12,000+ trips were made on the first day of launch through the app
- 22 publications at the launch stage
- 35 publications in the media at the pre-launch stage